Declan O'Kane MD FRCP DipCompSci (Cantab)
I am a Consultant in Stroke Medicine with many interests including Geriatric Medicine and Acute Medicine. Additional Interests are Medical Educational and Computer Science. I particularly enjoy writing and teaching. Here is an old CV Curriculum Vitae
I am the Stroke Lead at Lister Hospital Stevenage where I run a 24/7 thrombolysis service with 25 Hyperacute and acute stroke beds and a rapid access TIA service. This page reflects my academic work.
When I find the time I like computer programming (Have been a big fan of Delphi for many years) and reading. I enjoy playing one of my many guitars.
- I have just circulated the flyer for the Hyperacute thrombolysis day which I am organising at the University of Hertfordshire Postgraduate Medical School based in Hatfield (Just off A1)
- I have recently released as of February 2012 a first edition of my book on Clinical Examination Book now available on Amazon. Very cheap and great vlaue for money.
- My textbook on Acute Medicine is also now available on Amazon and selling well and am always adding and improving it.
- I am currently in the process of writing my own Textbook of medicine and the manuscript is well on its way to completion. Again I hope to release it on amazon in the next few months depending how many hours of productivity I can find.
- I am currently putting all my 1860 MCQs into a book format with the help of some of my team
- Not so much an older project but focusing on writing. Pocketmednotes still continues to do very well and gets good reviews. Will do an update when I get a second.
Some of My older projects